Have you ever eaten a food sample at Costco? For example, a little piece of gouda cheese in a paper bowl. That’s exactly what I love to do! Strolling around and snagging samples from all over the store. Receiving samples is the perfect way to get a free meal! If you stroll around long enough, you can fill your stomach.
Here are a few ways to get more than one sample from each booth (although I didn’t use these methods):
- Walk around for a very long time and the person at the booth will forget that you came around the first time.
- Put on funky glasses and a weird jacket, so the person at the booth still won’t recognize you.
- Wait for other staff members to swap in with the current person at the booth, then go get another sample.
- Ask your family members to get one for you. Forty family members, forty samples for you!
- Hide behind the ten foot tall stuffed bear you’re going to buy and snatch a quick sample as you pass bye.
Costco has around 5-10 sample booths everyday, so there are plenty of chances to try out these methods. The samples I tasted a day ago included a Thanksgiving plate full of goodies, a small piece of pumpkin pie, toffee with chocolate, and even some yummy goat cheese! The reason Costco puts out samples is because they want you to buy the product you’re tasting. For example, my sister and I ate the pumpkin pie sample, so my mom bought two whole pumpkin pies. Yummy! Happy Thanksgiving everyone and thank you for reading my blog!
7 Comments Add yours
Great job, Nate! You covered all of my sample snagging techniques and added some I’m dying to try! Hiding behind the gigantic stuffed bear is next!
Actually, I am not quite sure about the stuffed bear technique, just trying to add some humor to my post!
Nate, this made me laugh a lot! 🙂 I can’t wait to see what Uncle Ed says…
Happy Thanksgiving Nate. In addition to all the free snaking, the prices at the Costco Cafeteria can’t be beat. $1.50 for the all-beef hot dog and drink combo is my favorite…
Have you ever seen arguments start at Costco because people didn’t use your techniques and instead grabbed a whole bunch of samples at once while others were waiting in line?
No, has that even happened?
can’t believe your mom is teaching you these things