Italy’s Delicious Pasta

Shrimp? Mussels? Scallops? Clams? In Italy, especially Venice, a lot of pastas have seafood on them. The four ingredients that I listed early are only some of them. At home, we usually eat salads because they are healthy. In Italy, I had pasta almost every day because I was so tired of salad! One pasta in particular that I would love to eat any time is linguini with clams, clam sauce, and chopped green onions. Before I first tried it, I thought that clams were not edible. Clams taste like small, lightly salted chewy things. Now, I love clams because the texture is so chewy. In Italy, my sister and I ordered it two days in a row! We always traded clams for linguini because I love clams, and my sister loves linguini marinated in clam sauce. As always, 8-year-old kids like my sister usually never eat their seafood or meat and always eat the carbs! How I think of linguini with clams is one of the best pasta’s ever made! Also, in Italy, Italians call linguini with clams linguini mongolli.Here is a picture of linguini mongolliFeatured imageIn your response, please tell me if this dish is one that you would like to try?Also, please tell me what your favorite Italian pasta is?

13 Comments Add yours

1. Auntie Carole says:

Nate, I’m in Venice and I ate spaghetti with clams for lunch today. SO yummy! I agree with you, clams are chewy and awesome. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. n8chen says:

Hi Auntie Carole, glad you could join my blog.

Liked by 1 person

2. CC says:

Cool! Do you have a recipe on how to make these seafood pastas? Have you ever made them before?
    My favorite Italian pasta is spaghetti with tomato or alfredo sauce.

Liked by 1 person

1. n8chen says:

Isn’t that just spaghetti?

Liked by 1 person

3. Aunty Shesh says:

Nate, reading your descriptions of the cuisine in Italy is making my mouth water! Linguine Vongole used to be one of my “go to” dishes when eating at an Italian restaurant as a child, but I haven’t eaten it in awhile. My favorite pasta these days is ravioli stuffed with ricotta, spinach and veal. Shall we have a go at making it ourselves?!

Liked by 1 person

1. n8chen says:

Sure I would love to!!!

Liked by 1 person

4. Hi Nate,
    What a mouthwatering post! Isn’t it fascinating there are certain pastas meant for certain ingredients, for example, have you ever seen a penne vongole?

1. n8chen says:

Yeah, I have even tried penne vongole, is amazing!!! I wish that I could eat it every day, but I am sure that after a while it will get tiring to eat over and over and over and over again.

5. Eric says:

pasta carbonara … before I gave up carbs. now just the carbonara

6. Auntie Sandy says:

Pasta Vongole used to be my favorite before I became allergic to all kinds of seafood. I miss eating it so much!

7. Aunty Trace says:

Yum! Uncle Darin ordered pasta vongole two days in a row when we were in Italy, too. I think the clams in Italy are what make it so delicious. They are smaller and very sweet without the gritty sand bits. If you learn what kind of clams they are, let me know (Hawaii markets usually sell Manila clams).

8. Auntie Grace says:

Linguine w clams is what Uncle Dave orders whenever it’s on the menu. He tries to be low-carb, but he can never pass up this dish! Amici’s does an Americanized version with chopped clams and pesto sauce, Andrew and Caroline love it. We sometimes will make it at home, but with gluten free noodles!

9. Cathy says:

Hi Nate!!!! I am so proud of your food blog!!! I remember how much you enjoyed writing about food and now look what you’ve done! Wowee! Your description of pasta vongole sounds wonderful and it makes me want to go to Venice to try the authentic version.