The title says it, what we can all eat…
I’m actually kind of surprised that I didn’t post on this before, because today I’m going to tell you about our homemade granola. Now you may think of this as not very “awesome” but trust me, after you read this, you’ll be wanting to try this yourself. It all started with the acai bowls…
After we fell in love with the acai bowl from a San Diego cafe, we discovered that the tasty granola they used was called Hemp Plus Granola by Nature’s Path. It was too sweet though, so we stopped eating it. This led to our deluxe granola that my mom would make every 3-4 weeks. This healthy granola is the best because you can customize the recipe to how you like it. For example, if you don’t want figs in your homemade granola, you can swap them out for banana chips or raisins.
I interviewed my grandma about this granola and here are some of the things she said:
- The granola is both healthy (nutritious) and tasty.
- It satisfies all your senses. You can smell it being made from all the way upstairs.
- It looks professional.
- There are a lot of nuts in this dish, giving you a surplus of vitamins like iron, potassium and such.
- It lasts a very long time and is still crunchy.
- You can eat it in so many ways. My uncle eats just plain, my grandmother devours it with almond milk and fresh fruit, and my dad loves it with yogurt.
- It’s a great, healthy, and filling snack that can be eaten at any time of the day.
- It’s “real” granola because it contains all oats.
- There is barely any sugar. We used a little honey and coconut oil, and the dried fruit does the rest.
I greatly recommend trying to make your own granola because after all, it’s not too hard. You can test things out and trust me, when you find a good combination or “ratio”, you’ll be eating this item for ages. After all…it’s something we can all eat and enjoy!