What involves soap suds, food, and fun? Dishwashing! I recently picked up the job of occasionally dishwashing everything after dinner and I was thrilled. Dishwashing isn’t easy, but since it is so fun, I would consider it easy! My dad? Not so much, but here’s why I love dishwashing:
- I like cold water of any type and that’s what comes out of the sink faucet as I wash the dishes.
- The dishwashing machine is the tool that actually does most of the work, and it can be SO fun to organize all of the bowls, plates, cups, etc.
- Scrubbing the food off dishes can be exciting when you get to squeeze the scrubbing tool and watch all of the soap come out. Also, I can scrub all of the dishes really fast!
- The cold water isn’t the only cool part of washing dishes. Our water faucet holds a button that makes the water spray a dozen streams. I always use the button when washing the dishes!
Here are some fun facts that will wash you in:
- Whenever I wash the dishes, the water always seems to sneak onto the window and marble.
- There is a rack to put the scrubbing tool inside. It sticks (suction cup) on our dishwashing sink, but we’ve had it for a couple years now and it still hasn’t fallen off! Weird, huh?
- The scrubbing tool’s texture feels so weird (like sandpaper) and when you put water in it, a few seconds later, it dries off. It probably is the material…
- Sometimes other family members do the dishwashing too, including my dad. My dad has tough skin, tough skin. It’s true. When he washes the dishes, he usually stand the hot water, but I can’t!
Speaking of my dad, his dish washing skills are a bit lazy! Here’s why:
- He doesn’t put on the gloves when they are about 1 foot from him. Not putting on gloves causes germs to spread because of the lack of hand cover.
- Since my dad is pretty tall, he never puts the dishes on the bottom rack of the dish washer, so some dishes are misplaced. This habit is one of my mom’s pet peeves…
- Since my dad only puts dishes on the top rack, the tight space causes disorganization. Also, sometimes he puts the dishes so far apart from each other that there is no room for other dishes!
I know some of my followers don’t like dishwashing, but to make dishwashing more fun, treat it as fun!