Before I start, I want to say sorry for the late post. I guess I was enjoying the holiday so much that I didn’t actually get the chance to write about it!
Thanksgiving has a lot of great attributes like no HW or the fact that you just get to hangout, but, obviously, my favorite part is the food. I want to give a shoutout to my Aunty Sandy for making my Thanksgiving dinner an extremely tasty one.
When you think about a Thanksgiving meal, a specific dish might come to mind. But I feel that it’s the combination of traditional dishes that actually brings you that holiday feel. That being said, there are a few favorites of mine…
- Prime Rib: Wow! After taking one bite of Aunty Sandy’s prime rib, I declared it one of the best steaks I have ever tasted. It was cooked really well and every bite was filled with flavorful juice.
- Stuffing: Stuffing is a great side. It is filled with all sorts of yummy items. My aunty Lena’s stuffing was heaven. I could eat it with everything!
- Cranberry Sauce: A lot of Thanksgiving dishes, including prime rib, are salty. To counter that salt, I often took a small spoonful of this garnish to steady my taste buds. It goes really well on turkey, but for me, I like cranberry sauce solo.
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy: This is a classic Thanksgiving dish. Mashed potatoes and gravy are like the “rice” of this holiday feast. They are eaten and paired with so many different options. Mashed potatoes and gravy are also tasty just by themselves. I mean, it’s hard to resist a flavorful starchy component mixed with a savory sauce.
- Apple Pie: I would take apple pie over any other pie. It’s not that I don’t like other pies, it’s just that I got addicted to apple pie at a pretty young age, so that’s basically the only pie I eat now. It pairs perfectly with the Thanksgiving assortment and to be honest, it’s just one great dessert.
I have to say, it feels kind of boring for me just to write about Thanksgiving… SO I want to hear from you guys. Maybe you can share a special dish or cooking trick that will make everyone’s Thanksgiving a better one next year.
Again, Thanksgiving is one of those days where you get to feast on extraordinary food. You relax and eat, eat, eat. But, while the dishes were quite the thing, I have to admit that it’s still about simply giving thanks, thanks for food.😀
6 Comments Add yours
I loved Auntie Sandy’s prime rib too. Good hanging out with you, Nate!
It was sure good to hang out with you too! Prime rib sounds like the sort of thing you would eat.
I’m so happy you enjoyed my prime rib, Nate! It’s great to get a thumbs up from a famous food critic like you 🙂
I gave more than a thumbs-up. Your prime rib was 5 STARS!!! I am craving it just by looking at it…
I’m glad you enjoyed the stuffing and a day later to boot! It’s Popo’s recipe.
Well, at least you cooked it! I can’t go a thanksgiving without that dish!